Entered on 08/11/2015 at 12:38 PM
Follow the instructions below to set up an alternate @purdue.edu email address.
- Navigate to www.purdue.edu/directory.
- Click on the 'Update your Directory Listing' icon located in the upper right of the 'Search' field in the center of the page.
- Enter in your career account credentials when prompted, and click on the 'Log In' button.
- Scroll down the page and click on the 'Change Email' link located in the right hand column on the side of the page.
- After being directed to the 'Email' page, click on the 'Specify Alternate Email Address' button located on the left-hand side of the page.
- Enter in your desired alternate email address in the field below the 'Please indicate your alternate email address' heading in the center of the page. Click on the 'OK' button below the alternate email address field.
- If directed to a page with a green light indicator beneath the 'Status of Last Command' heading, move on to step 8. If directed to a page that has a red light indicator beneath the 'Status of Last Command' heading, return to step 4 of this article and enter in a different email address for step 6 of this article.
- The secondary email address that you entered in step 6 of this article will receive and forward email messages to the original account address. The original email address will still be utilized to log in to myMail or any mail client (Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail etc.). If an email is sent to the alternate address it will be forwarded to your original address with a from tag of 'To: email@example.com'.
To display your alternate email address in outgoing messages, please see How do I change the from address displayed on messages I send from myMail?
If you have an Exchange address, your alternate email address will be updated overnight.